According to the Arthritis Foundation, nearly 54 million adults and almost 300,000 children in the U.S. suffer from arthritis or some other type of rheumatic disease. The numbers are huge worldwide: approximately 350 million people are living in constant pain facing stiffness and decreased movement that in turns create anxiety and depression.
Let’s do some maths even though I hate it 🙂
Arthritis= pain+difficulties in movement= anxiety, depression
Arthritis= pain+difficulties in movement= little or no physical exercise =obesity, heart disease etc
Simple but clear, isn’t it?
Even though there are treatments that can soothen the pain and relieve the symptoms, there people out there searching for more natural solutions to their problems.
Cannabidiol or CBD oil or Hemp oil is touted as a sort of panacea lately helping in a quite long list of health problems, arthritis included. So if you are one of the 350 million people suffering from arthritis here is some good news for you : CBD oil can help you live a better life! So, how does CBD oil help ? Keep on reading and all your questions will be answered.
What is CBD oil?
Cannabidiol or CBD oil or Hemp oil, contains extracts from Cannabis plants, which is the same plant family that marijuana (pot) comes from.
But let’s clear some ideas first.
CBD oil will not get you “high”.
The only thing CBD oil and marijuana (pot) have in common is that they both come from members of the Cannabis family. Marijuana comes from Cannabis Indica which is the plant that contains tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive substance that gets you “high.”
CBD oil derives from Cannabis Sativa or Hemp. Hemp is higher in cannabidiol (CBD) and low in Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
While Cannabis Indica contains some CBD, it is grown for its THC content. The Hemp plant is the source for the majority of the CBD oil products the market offers today. Hemp contains less than 0.3 percent of THC (less than 0.3 percent) while Cannabis Indica can contain from 5 percent to 35 percent of TCH.
Scientific research has recently focused on CBD oil’s effects on a number of conditions that cause pain, such as arthritis. The results are really promising. Keep reading to see what recent studies suggest about CBD oil, how it works and what are its benefits for arthritis-related problems.
>>>>>>>>>>>JOY ORGANICS PREMIUM CBD OIL PRODUCTS<<<<<<<<<<<
Arthritis means Pain
Let’s imagine Arthritis as a huge umbrella. Under it, we can find more than 100 types of joint pain and joint diseases. More than 100 types of chronic pain. We usually associate this disease with old people. Unfortunately, it affects young people too. Children, teenagers and young adults all over the world suffer from it. Overweight people and women are more probably to suffer from the disease.
The most common types of this disease are Osteoarthritis (OA) and Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), which is a chronic inflammatory and autoimmune disease.
We often think of arthritis as a disease of older people. It can, however, affect children, teenagers, and younger adults. It is more often seen in people that are overweight, and more often in women than in men. Sports injuries, or having a member of your family suffering from it increase the chance of you suffering from it too.
We will be using the term Arthritis referring either to OA or RA especially when talking for inflammation and autoimmune disease.
What Research has to say about CBD Oil and Arthritis
- In 2006 researchers attempted to evaluate the use of medicine deriving from cannabis to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA). They concluded that a cannabis-based medication called Sativex reduced inflammation and significantly improved pain after five weeks of use. Participants also reported that their quality of sleep was improved, and most of the side effects were mild.
- To add up to the previous research, a 2008 review of the use of CBD to treat chronic pain concluded that CBD managed to reduce pain and improve sleep without any negative side effects.
- More recently and specifically in 2016, a study of CBD published in the European Journal of Pain concluded: “Data indicates that topical CBD application has therapeutic potential for relief of arthritis pain-related behaviors and inflammation without evident side-effects.”
- In 2017 another study aimed to determine whether CBD inhibition of inflammation by CBD could prevent the development of Osteoarthritis (OA) pain and joint neuropathy. The conclusion stated: CBD may be a safe therapeutic to treat OA pain locally as well as block the acute inflammatory flares that drive disease progression and joint neuropathy
These are some researches that brought very promising evidence regarding the benefits of the use of CBD oil in either RA and OA and chronic pain. Yet, the existing amount of studies is considered relatively small. A lot more studies, especially on larger groups of human participants, are still needed to help us fully understand the effects of CBD oil and other cannabis-based treatments on Arthritis symptoms. The good news is that the scientific community is focusing on studying it extensively
.>>>>>>>>>>>JOY ORGANICS PREMIUM CBD OIL PRODUCTS<<<<<<<<<<<
CBD oil and Arthritis Pain Relief- How does it work?
The mechanism behind CBD oil’s positive health effects is not yet entirely understood. Scientists claim that the compound attaches to receptors in the body known as cannabinoid receptors; these may, in turn, cause the body to produce natural cannabinoids.
The human body has two cannabinoid receptors: CB1 and CB2. The majority of CB1 receptors can be found in the brain These receptors are associated with cognitive actions related to coordination, mood, thinking, memory, and appetite. The CB2 receptors are located in the immune system. This makes them more responsible for the body’s response to pain and inflammation.
Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, attaches to the CB1 receptors, which explains why smoking or otherwise ingesting marijuanaaffects users on a cognitive level.
CBD oil interacts with both CB1 and CB2 receptors which can help reduce pain and the effects of inflammation.
CBD impacts the CB2 receptors indirectly; not by attaching to the CB2 receptor, but by enticing the body to make more of its own cannabinoids. This creates a positive effect on the body’s pain and inflammation responses.
Dr Rim of the Hospital for Special Surgery in NY explains: “These receptors are primarily involved with coordination, movement, pain, emotional output, and the immune system,” She also adds that a number of her patients who suffer from arthritis have found relief and underlines that CBD oil can be used as an adjunct to the medication the patient is on.
So CB2’s involvement in our immune system could help explain why CBD oil may be helpful in people with inflammatory autoimmune forms of arthritis, like rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
In other words, CB2 plays a significant role in your immune system. Arthritis is involved with your immune system: it attacks your joints tissue. So this relationship could explain why CBD oil seems to have positive effects on patients with arthritis symptoms.
Furthermore, CBD oil’s anti-inflammatory effects could also help slow down or stop the progression of arthritis and patients can avoid permanent damage to their joints. CBD’s anti-inflammatory effects could also reduce fatigue and fever which are arthritis symptoms related to inflammation.
Last but not least CBD is able to suppress. T-cell function which is responsible for producing crucial immune system responses. And, the presence of these white blood cells is also what causes RA to develop.
>>>>>>>>>>>JOY ORGANICS PREMIUM CBD OIL PRODUCTS<<<<<<<<<<<
Benefits of CBD oil on Arthritis-related problems
- CBD Oil has a positive effect on Pain and this is confirmed by research. CBD oil can prevent OA pain and joint neuropathy because it can decrease joint inflammation and it can serve as a protectant to the nerves.
- CBD oil Relieves Chronic Pain. It has been found that CBD oil is effective in easing the pain of patients diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and cancer. The same positive effects have been reported by patients taking CBD oil to ease their fibromyalgia pain.
- CBD oil for Anxiety CBD oil has a variety of mental health benefits. One of them is the reduction of anxiety to adults and young children.
- CBD Oil for Depression. CBD oil is also associated with a reduction of the symptoms of depression. Why is this important? Remember the maths we did at the beginning of the article? Well, patients diagnosed with certain types of arthritis suffer from depression. Actually, the depression rates of arthritis patients are 2-10 times bigger than those of the general population.
Before Buying CBD oil
CBD products aren’t yet currently regulated it is important to know exactly what you’re getting, and how much of it, in any given formulation. Stay tuned for future reviews of CBD oil products.
If you have any questions or want to share your personal experience, leave a comment below.
DISCLAIMER: The content of this article is for informational purposes only. It is not meant to substitute professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The information provided is not meant to alleviate or cure any disease or disorder. Always seek the advice of a qualified health provider for any medical condition.